IDM Instruments distributes aerospace sensors and defense sensor solutions.
When quality and reliability are paramount, aerospace & defense companies rely on our technology to help solve mission-critical challenges. TE sensors have core competencies in high-reliability sensors for harsh environments such as temperature extremes, RFI, EMI, vibration, and lightning strikes make us a leading choice in sensor technology.
Types of Sensors used in Aerospace & Defense
The piezo film sensors provide durable vibration, accelerometer, or dynamic switch elements for a wide range of markets and applications.
We design and manufacture a wide variety of temperature sensors. These include NTC thermistors, RTDs, thermocouples, thermopiles, digital output and customized sensor assemblies.
Our torque sensors use advanced strain gage technology to satisfy the most demanding requirements for static and dynamic applications.
We offer a wide range of ultrasonic sensors using ultrasonictechnology used for Air bubble, point level, continuous level monitoring.
Our supplier has 20 years of designing and manufacturing vibration sensors based on proprietary Microelectromechanical System (MEMS), bonded gage and piezoelectric ceramic/film technologies. Voltage mode piezoelectric is the most popular accelerometer design due to its high level output and wide bandwidth.
We are a leading supplier of of water level and water quality sensors. Our expertise in media isolated pressure sensors offers unique advantages in creative product development and consistent product performance.
Applications of Sensors in Aerospace & Defence
Cockpit control sensors
- Automatic autopilot disconnect force sensors
- Motorized potentiometers for position feedback
- Brake pedal position sensors
- Rotary panel switches and sensors
- Force sensors for fl ight data recording of pilot inputs
- Throttle quadrant position sensors
- Flap and spoiler lever position sensors
Flight control & actuation sensors
- High lift load sensors
- THSA secondary load path engagement sensors
- Aileron LVDT position sensors
- Resolvers for fl ap and slat position monitoring
- Force and position sensors for spoiler electromechanical actuation
- Brake actuator force sensors for rotorcraft
Landing Gear & Brakes
- Brake torque sensors
- Pressure sensors for nose wheel steering feedback
- Resolvers for steering position
- Load on wheels force sensors
- Center of gravity force sensors
Cabin, Galley & Cargo
- Cabin pressure indicator sensors
- Waste tank level sensors
- Environmental cabin control pressure sensors
- Cargo humidity sensors
- Galley temperature sensors
- Air quality temperature sensors
- Oxygen generation pressure transducers
Launch & Space
- Payload monitoring vibration sensors
- Thrust vectoring LVDT position sensors
- Electrical actuator position resolvers
- Booster separation potentiometers
- Cryogenic fuel pressure transducers
- Satellite temperature sensors
- Mirror/antenna position LVDT sensors
Engine, Turbine & APU
- Thermocouple harnesses for exhaust gas temperature
- LVDT for thrust reverser position monitoring
- Platinum 200 air temperature sensors
- Variable bleed valve LVDT position sensors
- Rotor track and balance accelerometers
- Health and Usage Monitoring Systems (HUMS) accelerometers
- Thermistor heater fuel tank level and flow
Military (Missile, Ground Vehicle, Marine, UAV)
- Missile fin actuation
- Fuel tank level and flow sensors
- Gun stabilization and shock measurement
- Tamper detection for missiles
- Electronic safe arm and fi re
- Oil pressure and temperature sensors
- Airspeed and altitude sensors