The Auto Foam Porosity Tester monitors the porosity of flexible cellular polyurethane. This machine determines how easy air passes through a cellular structure. These airflow values are an indirect measurement of certain cell structure characteristics.
This model adheres to relevant international standards for measurement of a flexible cellular. That is 50mm x 50mm x 25mm.
The test begins by placing a specimen in a vacuum chamber cavity. And creating a specific constant air pressure differential. The Pa Pressure can be set on the digital display. And once the FPT reaches the Pa, the rate of airflow at the set Pa locks in. Thus, the result stays on the Flow display automatically after completing a test in seconds. The digital operation makes it easier to do tests repetitively. Therefore, saves time and costs.
Using Foam Porosity Tester, manufacturers can check the quality of incoming material. Thus, ensuring quality assurance and reduces costs too.
Foam Porosity Test Principle
A flexible cellular test piece is placed in a cavity over a vacuum chamber and a specified constant air pressure differential is created. The rate of air flow required to maintain this pressure differential is the air flow value.
The IDM Foam Porosity Tester Digital has been manufactured using the following parts:
- Air Flow Meter
- Pressure Meter
- Vacuum Motor
- Touch screen control system
- The test screen features the setup, start and stop touch buttons for testing. It displays the pre-set pa pressure and flow L/min.
- After a stable reading for 2 seconds, the test result screen will automatically be displayed showing results.
The report may include the following:
• Type of material under test.
• Location and orientation of each specimen with respect to foam rise in the section of foam that was sampled.
• Mean air flow value in cubic decimetres per second for each location and orientation.
• Dimensions of the specimen, and dimension of the mount cavity of the apparatus.
• The standard to which the test was performed.
• Test conditions: Temperature, relative humidity, apparatus type and pressure direction
||± 2% FS
||High Density flexible cellular polyurethane, visco memory foam, packaging foam, acoustic foam, neoprene rubber, closed cell foam etc. eg. furniture, sound dampening, packaging, automotive, mattresses etc
||± 1% FS
Medium Density flexible cellular polyurethane, packaging foam etc. eg. furniture, packaging, automotive, mattresses etc
||± 1% FS
||Low Density flexible cellular polyurethane, speaker foam, expanded foam, anti-static foam, open cell foam etc. eg. air filter foams, arts and crafts etc