The Color Tester - ColorTouch X 45 the only directional 45o /0o TAPPI Brightness and Color spectrophotometer designed specifically for the pulp and paper industry.
The ColorTouch® X 45 brings together a powerful set of tools to meet the demands of the brightness, color, color difference and fluorescence markets. In addition to these traditional applications, the expanded wavelength range of the ColorTouch® X 45 provides a higher level of accuracy and capabilities. No other instrument in the market today can match the ColorTouch® X 45 for capabilities, functionality and quality.
Improved stability, especially on OBA containing grades
Longer lamp life, meaning fewer lamp changes and lower operational cost
Touchscreen operator interface providing simple testing sequences
Quicker testing time, getting data to production sooner
Full spectral data (360-780nm) for detailed analysis
Enhanced result screens provide statistical data, trending and other functions
Capable of measuring the sample under multiple UV levels including UVex, QTH, C & D65
Data export can be directly to the mill network, uploaded to a USB drive or printed
Features of Color Tester - ColorTouch X 45
• Load sample, initiate the test and the ColorTouchTM X45 does the rest
• Preprogrammed test routine to allow for easy setup and testing
• Does not require an external PC
• Automatic Calibration Advanced
• Trending data allows for tracking grades over several samples
• Compare multiple samples on various color plots
• Establish optical tolerances on grades for PASS/ FAIL analysis
Spectral Data Capabilities
• Spectrophotometric data for comprehensive understanding of dyes, fillers, OBA’s and other colorants
• Greater accuracy of colorimetric data
• Thorough analysis of metameric color matches
Pulsed Xenon Flash Lamp
• Eliminates having to change the lamp every 3 months
• Adjustable UV energy to more effectively control OBA dosage
Why is ColorTouch X 45 the most powerful color tester in the market?
Unmatched Fluorescence Control
The Technidyne ColorTouchTM X 45 offers 3 UV included sources D65(UV Rich), C (ISO UV level) and QTH (TAPPI Brightness level) and 1 UV excluded source, providing the fluoresence evalution sources needed to best control OBA dosage and maximize TAPPI Brightness values.
Expanded Wavelength Range
The Technidyne ColorTouchTM X 45 provides improved analysis of UV region and detailed color evaluation.
The Technidyne ColorTouchTM X 45 provides the trending capabilities to look at grade data of key optical measurements for up to 100 test.
The Technidyne ColorTouchTM X 45 allows you to input tolerancing data on Brightness and Color data so that the instrument automatically provides feedback on whether a product matches the production standard.
Easy of Operation
At the heart of the ColorTouchTM X 45 is an operator interface built to provide testers with predefined test operations to assure proper testing, while providing management the detail needed to make good decisions
Technical Specifications of ColorTouch X 45
- Light Source: Pulsed Xenon (500,000+ measurements)
- Instrument Type: dual-beam spectrophotometer
- Geometry: 45o /0o directional
- Repeatability (White tile avg. 20 readings): 0.1%
- Reproducibility: <0.20 CIE Lab
- Measurement Range: (Reflectance) 0-200%
- Sources: D65, C, QTH, UVex
- Illuminants A,B,C,D50,D55,D65,D75,F2,F7,F11
- Observers CIE: 2o , 10o
- Wavelength Range: 360 -780 nm
- Aperture: 13 mm illuminated / 9 mm measured
- Whiteness: CIE, ASTM, Hunter
- Fluorescence: D65, C, QTH, UVex
- Automatic UV Control: Automatic UV control and calibration for measurement of fluorescent samples with UV trim filter (395n)m and UV cut-off filter (420) nm
- Stored Standards: YES
- Communications: USB, Ethernet Color Space (XYZ) (RxRyRz) (Lab) (L*a*b*) (LCh)
- Measurement Time: 2 seconds
- Operating Range: 13-40o Celsius
- Weight: 45 lbs / 20.4 kg
- Height: 24” / 61 cm