Complying with relevant standards, the Foam Compression Tester is used to evaluate a degree of firmness common within the foam and furniture industries, either in the laboratory, or on the production line.
This universal measurement of firmness and hardness is based on a physical property called the indentation force deflection (IFD) and is calculated by determining the force required to deflect the test piece a percentage of its original thickness using a circular indentor.
The circular indentor foot applies a force, while also recording the degree of indentation. To compare test results, test pieces must be of the same size and thickness. The whole article may be used if moulded shapes are being tested.
The Software Program for the Foam Compression Tester is automatic. Once the Test Configuration menu has been programmed, “Start” button is pressed, initiating the test. The results of the test are displayed on the PC in real time. They can then be saved and/or printed for later use.
• Data Sampling is adjustable from 1-200,000Hz
• Position or Load control
• Test parameters displayed with graph simultaneously
• Real time graphic display of data
• Selectable graphical display presentation
• Data can be sent to Excel
• Out of range stop
• Auto return after a test is selected
• Calibration File to calibrate the instrument
• Statistical analysis
• Printable Reports
• Windows based software
• Overlay display of data curve possible during test
• ISO and ASTM Test Methods programmable
• Other test methods programmable by the operator
• Cyclic testing with data recording during cycle